1. Jill Andrews – The War Inside: “The whole album is about, ‘This is how I am, take it or leave it.’ And that’s a beautiful thing to me.
2. Black Lillies – Hard to Please: “Maybe I’m a little biased. My boyfriend (Lillies pedal-steel player Jonathan Keeney) is in the band.
3. The Deslondes – The Deslondes
4. Rayland Baxter – Imaginary Man: “I LOVE love it.”
5. Guy Marshall – The Depression Blues: “Another one of Keeney’s bands. I listen to it whenever I miss him. And when I hear his pedal-steel parts, it only makes me more sad.”