Rachel Williams, Pres. Pub/SCH server and bartender:
1. Sturgill Simpson’s Metamodern Sounds in Country Music: “I’m in love with this album. He’s changing Americana as we speak. A psychedelic country music album. It’s insane.”
2. The Quiet Life: “They’re pretty @#$ awesome. They’re going to get big.”
3. Nikki Lane: “Just because I have the biggest girl crush on her in the whole world. And she sounds so good.”
4. Willie Watson: “His new album just dropped–the first album he’s put out on his own.”
5. Matrimony’s Montibello Memories.
Cruz Contreras, Black Lillies frontman:
1. Ronnie Milsap’s 40 #1 Hits: “I listen to lots of greatest hits records.”
2. Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball.
3. Sturgill Simpson’s Metamodern Sounds in Country Music.
4. Casey Musgraves’ Same Trailer Different Park.
5. Guns ‘n’ Roses’ Appetite for Destruction.
Bill Alexander, The Appalachian Hippie Poet:
1. Merle Haggard: “Lots of Merle Haggard lately; I went to see him in Stafford, Tex. Merle Haggard on vinyl; Merle Haggard on 8-track; Merle Haggard on CD.”
2. John Prine: “John Prine is always good to listen to.”
3. Subtle Clutch: “They’re a new band I really like, and they’re from Knoxville. They played Tennessee Shines and the Biscuit Festival lately.”